Ducks In A Tub

Taking life's adventures one day at a time.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Getting over things (?!?)

The true test of any serious relationship really, really, is -

Will your significant other be able to deal with the things I like that they don't? And will their reaction be satisfactory to me?

I expect The Husband to understand that I'm not going to rush over to the TV except a run is scored, or a field goal is kicked (kicked, yes, that's right), and all that other sports stuff. After almost five years of knowing him, I feel he's finally getting the hang of it. I call it maturity. Also, I am satisfied with his pleasant "How cute!" when he looks at a new outfit that I just bought Blue Eyes. I know he doesn't care, really, but at least he doesn't say "I don't care", or "I'm ambivalent." I call that maturity, too.

What about yourselves? Do you think this is maturity, or maybe complacency? I'm just wondering.

Labels: ,

|

1 Comments:

  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger BeachMama said…

    It is finally accepting that you both have different tastes. As long as you don't ignore each other and are interested in some things together that is good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home