Ducks In A Tub

Taking life's adventures one day at a time.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Weekend review

The weekend's events went perfectly smooth. My sister's bridal shower was a huge success. We had a nice turnout, the food was good (if I do say so myself), and everyone enjoyed the games as far as I could tell.

One celebration followed the other and in the evening we had a birthday party for my 4 year old sister. She was so cute opening her presents and everything she unwrapped was warmly welcomed as a new treasure. She got all sorts of fun stuff: dress up hats with matching gloves, miniature cooking utensils (including a just-her-size muffin pan that is oven safe!), a bucket full of pretend food...I watched the wrapping come off her gifts and I yearned for Blue Eyes to be a little older so that I would have a reason to buy all these fun toys. For her. Yeah, her. Not me...

Anyway, yesterday (Sunday) I typed all day to reach my 20 page goal for the book I am ghostwriting. I sent the first submission to the guy I am working for and I have waited all day to hear back from him. I'm a bit anxious to find out if my style is acceptable for the project and I'm on pins and needles to know if I'll get this break into a new possibility for at-home work. More updates later...

Labels: , , ,

|

3 Comments:

  • At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Matching hat and glovs--your little sister is my kind of gal.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger BeachMama said…

    Very cool presents, I love all the kitchen stuff :). And sounds like the shower was fun too, I love throwing showers, especially getting everything ready.

    Congrats on getting your first 20 pages written, how exciting that this opportunity has presented itself for you.

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Mayberry said…

    Good luck with the project! It sounds fun. I am working on a ghostwriting assignment myself right now, but it is boring and taking me forever because I take waaaaaaay too many internet breaks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home