Ducks In A Tub

Taking life's adventures one day at a time.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Le Miserable

Everyone hates to be sick, right? If somebody actually enjoyed the discomfort of illness, then he or she has bigger problems than not feeling well.

I strongly detest having a cold. What is a cold? A sore throat, stuffy nose, mild headache. For crying out loud, if I’m going to be sick then I would rather be wiped out, in bed, with a fever than suffer the nagging of the common cold.

You guessed it, I’ve got a cold right now. It puts me a bitter mood. To top it off, we’ve got some pretty bad air quality in Southern California right now because of a terrible wild fire. So, in addition to usual cold symptoms, I also have severely dry skin from the complete lack of any moisture in our air.

Ick. Gross. Yuck.

On the bright(er) side, I am trying out this medicine that a friend recommended to me, Zicam. My throat started to tickle just yesterday. I started to take Zicam and I feel almost normal already instead of suffering my usual 1-2 week ordeal. I’m hoping to be much better tomorrow, because heaven knows I hate to be in a bad mood….steer clear of Momma!

Labels: , , ,

|

1 Comments:

  • At 3:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Personally, I love being just sick enough to have to spend all day in bed. For example, a few weeks ago I came down with a 24-hopur flu bug. Admittedly, I was pretty miserable during the worst of it, but that only lasted for a few hours. I canceled my classes for that day, and enjoyed my day off in bed. Of course, I also didn't have small children who needed my attention on my sick day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home