Ducks In A Tub

Taking life's adventures one day at a time.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Forward Ho!

Finally! Blue Eyes has been rolling around the floor for months. She has been getting everywhere that she wants to go just by turning tummy to back to tummy. She’ll roll in a big circle all around the room, under the coffee table, over to the toy box, you name it. We had almost thought that she would not learn to go forward until she got up onto her feet.

And then, this morning, I spied her. I don’t think she saw me looking at her, but I saw…she actually scooted forward. Her legs were straight (no crawling position), but she used her hands and elbows to drag herself towards a toy that was out of reach. At last, accomplishment!

Now the real question is whether she’ll show Daddy her “trick” when he gets home tonight. Fat chance! She’s a sneaky one... *smiles*

Labels: , ,

|

1 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How great! It's so exciting when they figure that out. I'm watching my almost 7 month old learn to get around, too. I've seen him army-crawl once or twice, but mostly he rolls around and can pivot on his belly to change directions.

    Blue Eyes is going to be unstoppable now!

    L

     

Post a Comment

<< Home