Ducks In A Tub

Taking life's adventures one day at a time.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Surprising Ourselves

Have you ever had a laaaaaazy day? I mean really lazy? Sure you have, where you bum out and watch movies all day long, eat pizza while watching your third flick of the day, then call it an early evening around 9 so you can get a good night sleep. We've had those days. Lots of them, actually. But nothing can beat today.

My husband hardly ever takes a nap. Seriously. He has to be sick or pretty worn out to deprive himself of perfectly good productive daylight to catch up on zzzz's. This morning went like our usual Sunday. Hustle the kids awake, wrestle with them all through church, take hugh sighs of relief when the priest gives the final blessing and we can leave, then home for lunch. Today we had to make a small stop to buy the The Talker new shoes. (He's just growing too fast! *sigh*)

When we got home from our errand we were completely exhausted. No reason, really, just general exhaustion. We put the kids down for their naps, then we went down -- hard! All four of us slept solidly for 2 1/2 hours. When I woke up listening to Blue Eyes cooing and giggling to herself I could not believe how long it had been. In fact, as I write this, hubby and The Talker are still sleeping. I'm about to get dinner ready and wonder where the day at home with my husband has disappeared to. Oh, yeah, it went where it should go: to the blessed relief of Sunday rest.

Labels: , , ,

|

2 Comments:

  • At 12:46 AM, Blogger Samantha said…

    Welcome to the blogosphere! I saw your link over at Kailani's (pinkdiary) and wanted to wish you happy times here :)

     
  • At 4:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good job napping on Sunday! Naps are certainly good and proper on a Sunday. It is my goal to take a nap every Sunday, but sometimes I am busy. Now that is not good and proper to a Sunday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home