Ducks In A Tub

Taking life's adventures one day at a time.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Poopy days

Ew, Ew, Ew, Ew, Ew. Oh, and did I saw EEEEWW!! As a fairly new parent I am growing used to the learning process of raising my babies. I definitely don’t know everything and when I have to learn I am open to the challenge. For the most part, things are fairly straight forward. There are sad owie moments, there are funny ha-ha moments, there are sweet awww moments. And then, ohhhh then, there are the utterly disgusting, make you want to gag, wonder how you’ll ever get through them without your hair turning gray eeeeewwwww moments.
This morning I had my first major ew moment. After over 19 months of parenthood I have experienced my share of diaper grossness. Both of my children have, on more than one occasion, filled their diapers to overflowing with fecal matter and the clean up required plenty of wipes, a bath, and rinsing their clothes before running a cycle of wash. Today’s poop experience takes first place.
The Talker is 19 months old. He is starting to get frustrated with wearing a diaper, but he is still too young to potty train. I frequently find him reaching into his diaper to itch his bum. When I saw him doing it this morning I reacted as I usually do and told him to stop. Little did I know the damage he had already caused. He had “done his business” for the morning. You can guess what was back there when he reached to scratch. Unknown to me, he had been at this a few minutes while I was washing dishes in the other room. When I found him, there were smear marks on the walls, the couch, and all over the back of his shorts. Can you say “EW”!!! I guess he didn’t like what came out on his fingers and used any place he could find to wipe off the offensive material. Naturally, I got stuck cleaning up. Ew!!

Labels: , ,

|

1 Comments:

  • At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eeeeeew. What age is generally good for potty training?

    I figured I should let you know a little about myself. As I said in a recent e-mail, I am Chris' cousin Cat. I am originally from North Dakota and just graduated in May from the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, MN. (I am a true Midwestern girl.) I am currently volunteering for a year as an English professor at Ukrainian Catholic University in Lviv, Ukraine.

    Keep up with the great blog entries!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home